[CBQ] Re:Double Drum heads on Observation Cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re:Double Drum heads on Observation Cars
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 13:35:38 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1320953744; bh=Oa4KnWgdUcaftAijr4xxw6sa7gnZQgDUwc0xtaIgT1E=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:To:References:Message-Id:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=KGnxLvmh6ZLXx88aovAsRRgVl6L35nBVGWXpWFKZ8slwrDehJ8Q2nZ777PNhGDXvk/iFsHGNQs3+pbRsOXhA4Ev3Pjp737Na9lRwuNLDyQsYMCiDEYPNIbVGq7fIOuyS
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Keith,

You have received several responses to your question concerning lightweight
streamlined equipment, but the double drum heads was not limited to those cars.
Early in the 20th century, Q passenger trains with open platform observations
cars also carried double drum heads on the rear railing with the train name on
one side and Burlington Route on the other. Several publications have photos of
such cars. Of course, the train names were different then.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com