Re: [CBQ] Re: Freight Car Rosters

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Freight Car Rosters
From: John Manion <railbass@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 19:50:53 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1317001858; bh=G3aYqXXMGB7+leDl10MX1YF+3Ckul/C35/iygWEVjcw=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:X-Google-Sender-Auth:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=S0b4xk7TopzwgG6gyir3RDlZn1rePjRI94PFkaxzutK++FP5vqqbzIhie/crzxxU/3Hr2kscu+lbvISZPPHH+xgqT/c+5kRn577Z8zu9dbhLNCXWv0O+lQCF+Pdz27Xu
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Mark -
Another source are the Burlington Bulletins on specific types of cars.   I
have BB #7 on XM-32 steel boxcars, BB #12 on Q reefers, and BB #28 on Q
billboard reefers.   Actually, this latter BB is mostly about billboard
reefers which operated on the Q from local industries.   The authoritative
source on C&S is Hol Wagner's The Colorado Road, of which I have two copies,
but his rosters do not include freight cars.

The rosters on the BRHS website are mostly on locomotives, passenger cars,
waycars, although there is a fairly complete list of freight cars renumbered
into BN in 1970.   The only other freight car roster on the website is
surviving equipment at museums, etc.
- John Manion
  Denver, CO

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com