[CBQ] CB&Q Aurora Branch industries in Batavia IL

To: Q <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q Aurora Branch industries in Batavia IL
From: Michael Matalis <mmatalis@sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 08:29:26 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1306416575; bh=92CMGqnmo989cFD2UQiVe1Z+1GSzpl/HaGeK/XP8ELc=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-Id:To:X-Mailer:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=kRm4yiZYKht4UZnjaU+rZRHu1he+qgRpLcx88aV61+MBEIJ2Dp0FKzPz0nuKX3I8WCrxHBICVIp4k4Efv0O3DwqXKdurQiWBdYLFoM9AoGOWum7QmOM3Q0dE9TwbUOUx
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Photos were recently posted of some abandoned trackage on the east
side of the Fox River in Batavia IL:

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/36106399@N04/5555307322/
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/36106399@N04/5555313950/
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/36106399@N04/5555310640/

On the upper right side of each photo page is a map that if you click
on it opens a window displaying a street level map showing the exact
location of the photo.  There is a great deal of question as to who's
track these were.  The only two railroads that I know of that served
Batavia IL east of the Fox river were the Q's Aurora Branch, and the
Chicago, Aurora & Elgin interurban. As far as I can determine the CA&E
stopped south of this area at Wilson St.  Some people have also stated
that the C&NW served the area, but I cannot find any maps or
documentation to back that up, as far as I can tell the C&NW only
operated on the west side of the river, which leaves only the Q.  So
my question is, did the CB&Q have any industrial trackage off the
Aurora Branch serving the east side of Batavia IL?  The tracks in
question run along N River St.

Thank you kindly,

Michael Matalis
Downers Grove IL

You can see my railroad photography blog at
http://www.chasingheavymetal.com/blog/
You can see my photos and my ugly mug at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/prairierailfan/collections/

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com