[CBQ] Re: TR2 Question

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: TR2 Question
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 15:25:14 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1300310117; bh=za8V0z0StYzVrpnMSdc8yZHedZLvDk2i57Zm8nvaZpY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:Message-Id:To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=CS0aCA3CEB5Bn5/+f8fXb/WM1qPfaxBJrpVL+9NBUxwKv2GXiJbsCCrCw6dCC+jfxx0KfHxLFwR7fn4VHE6sEkebUYjVJADlk3pkAcl/mWHefkOQis63ogLFqkR1QG8T
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bob,

While I don't have specific RR information, there is no reason that
the paired locomotives couldn't operate calf end forward. The view
may be a little more obstructed, but it wouldn't be any worse than
some steam locomotives, probably better. The decision to turn the
power was probably dependent on the availability of turning
facilities at the end terminal and time. Certainly  in yard service,
they worked both ways. Considering the hood structure, the view in
both directions was similar.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com