[CBQ] Train orders-Rule 108

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Train orders-Rule 108
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:09:23 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1296176976; bh=xSBeNrEXlgL0QqNHAHH0K7e0nX7zsjZ/ZMUDMtZxx0E=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:X-AOL-IP:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=SusL8uwmdoqOrG+M0Bne0HxdCrSHWw5y2vnMo5Qz4NhSXMV3ssAcoGdRuzptj+fwwklJa+5Iai8/RWjwt+tjisKALSTkTbPekLXaO3BE1i5FT4CukchcQIpXKNVy/jnO
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Steve,

As often occurs one story leads to another.

I caught the Earlville Turn off the extra list. I believe it was March of
1973. At any rate it was before I went on the job steady in the spring of
'74.  We did our thing at Cat for several hours and then headed west switching
things  at each station to Earliville and return. When we started this tour
of duty  things were sunny but as we turned at Earlville and the temps
dropped and the  ground fog set in.

Old BB was the hogger. He had acquired a considerable girth over his 40
plus years in engine service and it was difficult for him to trade sides on
GP-7,so he didn't at Earlville. I was on the engineers side(south) and BB was
on  the firemans(North) heading east as we proceeded  along on trk 2. He
said,  kid let me know when you see the whistle posts.

I called out the whistle posts as I saw them and BB pulled the whistle cord
 until we reached Plano when the fog finally started lifting

Leo

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com