[CBQ] Re: Sheepyard tracks

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Sheepyard tracks
From: "o_rrman" <mofferman@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 18:54:06 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1295895438; bh=szQKM5JtLgFbiztKLxAVcyrskqLJBnxBBUb+8mqJdh4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=sttyvl2zs4ii6zgNph2pnVN8zTCSXENsvWYvqTcAj/an+j2eCYxhvy3Zsqi5/fmByIGNerYu6qhJEn5ijvyvTYBVhiS6KxiNELj1q3dTEJRZZNa22p/AS6d0n+l3Ucwl
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
It would be an interesting sidetrip, especially for those folks not from the
area.  The feed elevator is still there.  Some of the sheep barns are still in
use by a lumber treatment company - Chicago Flameproof.  The yard itself is
still active, being used by the Burlington Junction rwy to interchange with
BNSF and to sort industry cars for International Paper, Home Depot, Chicago
Flameproof and VVF (formerly Dial soap).

Sadly the old signal bridges recently gave way to progress.

Could also possibly see an Illinois Railnet train as well, which uses the old
Streator branch.  Daily lugging 60-70 cars of silica up the branch to Eola.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com