[CBQ] Re: Team Track/Was LCL in Downers Grove

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Team Track/Was LCL in Downers Grove
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 10:09:30 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1294762175; bh=gpxD8/IGP1Sw7A8Io+OPBIoorrs1LMoNkgtva42WqSM=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-Id:References:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=D4r6o+hlfuzN/zWjykphyP4lhbFr/na+5dIP6sKDQ1xDde9cUBx9CfVDm/HW29jt9FkRxn+Cggeqyc1Hu/n1d9OwnbH8AN0I1Z9FnSCosK1RaXO7jpSDoSaH2oUq275s
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Roy,

You are correct. Those team tracks were used for cement for the
tollway and other construction equipment as well as many other
materials. MOW equipment was also parked there from time to time.
Hines was located a couple of blocks west of the team tracks and was
accessed from the east by a reverse movement from the team track
lead. There is a Sears home directly across the street that was once
owned by the family of list member Bob Campbell. I think it is at
1416 Warren Ave. The tracks between Main Street and Forest Ave. on
the south side of the main line were also occasionally used as team
tracks during the '50s.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com