[CBQ] Tangent Scale Models: CB&Q PS-2CD 4740 Release ? Available NOW!

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Tangent Scale Models: CB&Q PS-2CD 4740 Release ? Available NOW!
From: "tangentscalemodels" <tangentscalemodels@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 02:14:14 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1294154086; bh=MtZ0+thV2nnG7UVq2WNeEsJKi5xm7A1u7eQuEj8UWpw=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:Received:Received:Received:DKIM-Signature:Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-eGroups-Approved-By:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=j1vlAGn+CDHSRUNzUhFiHQVZswNO7HJWjRwvvivHhHItI1yQIeZXYEiwSuo1Dv22yK1JfyFkaSXwpj/WjmVJIk4REDGciusHQ4xpOd2wta5++YONHXatEhiBf4DcDcRs
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1294154085; bh=8ozEwrfLgD7ec+uIFfZuqExCjjCZe+aNc5jV8QtVm2o=; h=Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Date:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-Originating-IP:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:Subject:X-Yahoo-Group-Post:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-YGroups-SubInfo:Sender:X-eGroups-Approved-By:X-eGroups-Auth; b=jrTKVdG74rXMXA26tcn+siYHeCgMslwc0DSPwN7pI+t4zETPgiwUN/U4nU2vWrKnBsgRjwCz415N4ukzYAgtva/uOtkOv7zS2hAWOMiHXLYO+CT/ntLZ4LevmDw/n66v
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Tangent Scale Models is pleased to announce that our HO scale Pullman-Standard
PS-2CD 4740 covered hopper is back and is available now in FIVE new paint
schemes, at www.tangentscalemodels.com

As a refresher, Pullman-Standard originally produced these distinctive covered
hoppers between 1966 and 1972, and they remain in service today throughout the
US, Canada, and Mexico.  The Tangent Scale Models HO-scale replicas are a
perfect addition to your layout or collection, and we continue to listen to
your product wants with our industry-leading covered hoppers.  Our NEW Ready to
Run product release for January  2011 includes the following four roadnames:

- CBQ Chicago, Burlington, & Quincy in the "original gray" scheme from 1967
including the "Burlington Route" herald, available in 12 road numbers
- TLCX Highland Feeders (Ault, CO) private elevator car in the "original
green/black."  These attractive cars from 1968 include plenty of large and
small white lettering to contrast with the black ends and underframe,
stunningly executed.  Available in 2 road numbers.
- TLCX Kellogg Grain (Denver, CO) 1967 private elevator car in the "original
green/black" body colors, with very distinctive yellow and black lettering.
These attractive cars are available in 2 road numbers.
- BACK IN STOCK! TLCX FGDA (Farmer's Grain Dealer Association of Iowa, lessee)
featuring the baby blue carbody with precise black underframe and ends, plus
the distinctive FGDA placard, now available in two road numbers.
- BACK IN STOCK! TLCX Tabor & Company in the "original blue/black" WITH placard
(Decatur, IL).  This car is in the Tabor "standard" scheme with blue carbody
with the Tabor, Illinois location identifier. This car includes the "state of
Illinois" placard identifying selected Illinois River cities.  Check out the
detail of this placard and trace the Illinois River from Chicago to Grafton IL.
- Undecorated Assembled Primer Gray - 1967-1968 production.

And don't forget, in December 2010 we released the following 4 paint schemes:
- GN Great Northern in the "sky blue" as-built scheme from 1967, including the
large circular "Rocky" logo, available in 12 road numbers
- IC Illinois Central in the "original gray" as-built scheme from 1969,
including the beautifully-replicated "split I-rail" on the side of the car,
available in 6 road numbers
- TLCX Hubinger Corp. (Keokuk, IA) private elevator car in the "original
yellow/black."  These attractive cars include precision lettering, including
the interesting "keOKuk" spelled out along the side of the car.  Available in 2
road numbers.
- BACK IN STOCK! Milwaukee Road in the classic "Federal Yellow" as-built scheme
from 1970, including the "America's Resourceful Railroad" placard - available
in 6 new road numbers!

All paint schemes from this release include detail variations appropriate for
their era of Pullman production, including configurations of: side ladders,
jacking pads, centersill supports, and crossover platforms.  It is worth noting
that these cars mark our first production including cars from the 1960s.  Thank
you for your patience!

Features for these replicas uphold the quality standards introduced on our
previous PS-2 4740 release, including:
- Highly accurate "true to life" colors
- Exact fonts and lettering placement
- Multiple road numbers for each scheme
- Etched metal running boards
- Wire detail parts to withstand handling and provide uniform paint color
- Road-specific details for each scheme
- "Narrow appearance" coupler box with Kadee® scale couplers
- Metal wheels in high quality Tangent Scale Models trucks

Pricing for RTR models remains at $42.95, with discounts for quantities of 6
and 12 when purchased directly from Tangent Scale Models.  Mixing and matching
of paint schemes is encouraged, including mixing with our PS-2CD 4000 covered
hoppers, our other covered model which remains available in a handful of highly
accurate schemes.

For those interested in Undecorated kits, we continue to offer our 4740 kits in
either Apex or Morton running board versions.

That wraps up our update for today, and thank you for supporting the
family-owned businesses in our industry!

David Lehlbach
Tangent Scale Models
www.tangentscalemodels.com
tangentscalemodels@yahoo.com