RE: [CBQ] Train Consist Info

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Train Consist Info
From: "Robert McNay" <CptMatt@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 16:00:13 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1288558817; bh=KZjc9wVAXLoAl5C4k83P4FNWI/ypqmC57iBUaoMMFCc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:To:References:In-Reply-To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=lbWOdy9ChzUS2CUEgt1+bqhxUFhtH3IEt140JHhV4ICg9acEraurpRZfSROQOmoYJDOpNI9t05RoEVoTLcAhy+lYjTS4xXltvRxUHcGD7Aw/xsPqwq2jWIaXrWn6YT7p
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi David,

Yes, you have been a major help, I was beginning to worry that no one would
answer. I was figuring that, since I'm not a regular, no one was going to
bother.

I was going to try to model the train, in its entirety, as it left Chicago.
I knew that trains were kind of configured on-the-fly back then, to minimize
cost, but I was hoping there might be a basic consist that they worked from.
I got to ride it both as the KCZ and the train to Quincy only. I think we
might have taken the later train once, because I do have a recollection of
crossing the Mississippi and seeing Quincy's riverfront at night. Then
pulling into West Quincy in the dark, the bright lights under the platform
roof creating a pool of light in the middle of darkness. My Grandmother had
driving the winding semi-paved road from the station back up to Rt24 to go
back east.

The layout, itself, won't be a faithful prototyping, it won't be big enough
(the area I have is only 23x16). The scenery will be a mélange of my
memories from Chicago, Quincy and things encountered in between, even when
we drove down. The Dixie Truck Stop in McLean IL may be just around the
corner from The Maid Rite in Quincy. :-)

Thanks again.

Rob McNay
Chicago IL

Quincy