[CBQ] Train Consist Info

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Train Consist Info
From: "Robert McNay" <CptMatt@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 22:27:34 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1288322866; bh=vTJnVXJ1Q4vPpaRnIpGESrz1B1wwveKQwszquJtNfw0=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language:x-cr-hashedpuzzle:x-cr-puzzleid:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=QmM4/9q3p7hoRYUEEFDUuXflTEAT+f/mVsRcZ5vU+0HZ2mh7MOjoLWgIFRKPxat2TPnnOIgGSCwa0PKgXPEKVXNmoPuWm7MUIr3p/V+gEJGaDEJtbJjzaaCcZnmOhoJ9
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi,

Where could I find info on a particular train's usual consist?

As a kid in the vicinity of 10 years old, I have the beautiful memory of
riding the CB&Q from Chicago to my parent's home town of Quincy IL. It was
in the late '60s/early '70s, just before Amtrak. I clearly remember walking
along the platform beside the towering stainless steel cars in Union
Station. I also remember that my Mom would lead me down the platform and ask
the first conductor which cars were the through ones to Quincy. She asked
because the train was divided in Galesburg. Part went to Quincy and, I
think, onto Kansas City, while the other part went straight west, through
Iowa. It was usually the coaches farthest forward, behind the engine.

I'm asking because I finally have a house and room to build an HO layout,
and I'd like to try to replicate that train.

Thanks.

Rob McNay
Chicago IL

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com