Re: [CBQ] C&S Passenger equipment north of Denver

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] C&S Passenger equipment north of Denver
From: "homanfamily" <homanfamily@fuse.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 20:44:03 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1288053855; bh=Y4q190HjyZvRZMNXgihLOnW/01RRO2pFjjxAuPvBhY8=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-CNFS-Analysis:X-CM-Score:X-Scanned-by:Authentication-Results:X-Received-SPF:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MIMEOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=mtBD5lDzKvtg4pc2JeQ3EQBUoYPWGquAHm2ytTG+vRiN6HRV6vDeXGOA02d1Q1qlDG21eCU1olMxKaB4uWezEYpgOwlCInKu4YkUIUkqiOQ6USQtxe5mQ79HjAve2kas
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Sir,
    I have a 1941 (Feb-Apr) schedule which lists the following trains North
of Denver, in addition to #29/30.
    Trains #31/32 - The Zepher connection, from Denver to Cheyenne, leaving
Denver at 8:40AM, arr: Cheyenne at 12:10PM.  Return Cheyeen Departure 12:10A
PM, arr. Demver 3:45 PM.  The equipment listed is chair cars.
    Trains25/26, The Buffalo Bill, summer only, North Mon, Wed Fri, South,
Tues, Thurs, Sat.
Departs Denver 4:00PM, arr Cody 11:00AM.  Return, Departs Cody7:45 PM, Arr
Denver 3:45 PM.  This was not a ballast  burner...  The schedule lists the
equipmetn as Oberservation/Lounge, sleeping car Denver to Cody and return,
Dining Car for all meals and Chair car.
    There is also Train 27/28, Billings to Cody, also summer only, Departing
Billingsl 7:05 AM, arr Cody 11:00 AM.  Return, Cody Departure 7:45 PM arr,
Billings 10:50PM.  This does not provide information on equipment.  It may
have been Burlington Trailways.
    There is a mixed train listed as Table 19, Denver to Lyons with the note
that the Freight train leaves Denver Mon, Wed, Fri at 8:00AM, and returns
Tues, Thurs, Sat. from Lyons at 1:30 but to consult the agent for
information.
Finally, there is a listing for the Denver and Interuban Motor Company for
service between Denver and Boulder with four roundtrips daily.
    You are probably aware that the Burlington timetable included C&S< Ft.
W. & D and the Wichita Valley lines.

    To further add to the confusion, I have a 1928, July August TT that
lists Train #30/31 from Denver to Casper.  Also Train 301/312, Denver to
Lead, SD and Train 303/304Denver to Edgemont; finally Train 22/23 Denver to
Ft. Collins.

    If you provide a mailing address, I will copy the pages of equipment and
times for you.

                                    Pat Homan