Re: [CBQ] RE: Archives - was Strauss books

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] RE: Archives - was Strauss books
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 05:26:36 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1286542156; bh=TgdSPTXWk8yBUuAINF0Db7MHqf2nyLhL9Oo6DjJSnsY=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=FaiOezmMzmeovI9s2Ijj4ocdIn8gwpBcYdXNHO3RFylr/IK30WjKV7aq5V9wuhUF/UdfKLC9WThTbWC24qsx1Mt6MjQao1xrYtNlG94S97jBYR29zQJuhXeDXd/+9brO
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Gary
While living in the Ft. Worth area I use to spend one morning a week for about
6
months working in the Degolyer collection.  I use to catalog CB&Q drawings,
some
were original alignments for the lines from KC to Omaha, others were wrapped in
brown paper tied with train order string and were drawings from  West
Burlington.  Steam, Gas-electric and some Zephyr drawings.  I made spread
sheets
of the catalog with one copy each to IRM, BRHS, myself and Degoyler with a CD
of
them to Degoyler.

Problem with libraries are lack of M&M's.  Money and Manpower are what gets
things done and if an item in the library is not requested some times it is
disposed of or left on a dusty shelf with no one knowing where it is.  Years
ago
I got to work in the U of I Library with a stack pass and I could find stuff
there the librarians could not find because they only used the computer and if
it had not been entered in the computer ???
Wonder what I can find at Clemson
Steve in SC