Fwd: Re: Re: [CBQ] C

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Fwd: Re: Re: [CBQ] C
From: Bill Stack <wgstack276@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 09:31:56 +0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1286501538; bh=Nzqsl0HaFpJOE8qAeE5cVOqFXcjAz8kcSoGtlpO9yRo=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=I7+ElDq9MjxDrOndVqVHtCkOYLryoNzr5rAAEEpPxFYXwjBojxSuRpFBNF16kO1HqbMsF1NQfRzoreb6XllFCTnEExXEoKxjXVJUNjqi+9+gjtxd1hBSjtBXUjqOgqSP
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Thanks for all the great information.

Mark, thanks for the suggestions, I now have both the books you mentioned,
thanks to eBay.

John, all off you information brought back many memories. I had forgotten
about Buchtel Blvd. I appreciate the time you took to be so thorough.

Hol, thank you so much. Here I thought I was the only kid who got to ride on
the Conners Branch local. I guess my time line would have been 1959 and
1960. I rode my bike down to the Colorado Blvd. crossing. From my home, I
could hear the train cross University Blvd. and if I rode like hell, I could
get there before they did. For weeks I watched, standing out of the way. One
day the old train foreman said to me "Wanna ride?" Well, that started it. I
rode to the end of the line, watched as they turned the train around, then
rode back. But they had there fun with me that first time. One the way back,
they told me they were running late and would not be able to stop at
Colorado Blvd. (how gullible was I?). They said I would have to get off the
moving train. Wow, that was great I thought. So one of the crew demonstrated
how to do it from the back of the caboose. He said walk to the bottom step,
face the opposite direction the train was moving, and put your leg down and
just step off. Well of course you know, immediately I was running backwards
faster than the train was moving, until I went head-over-heals. They
probably thought they would never see me again, but undaunted, I returned
the next week. They let me ride for over a year, and even let me do some
uncoupling and breaking the caboose to slow it down, until the old foreman
retired. The new foreman had more to lose, so he didn't let me. The old
engineer let me ride in the cab a couple more times, but the new foreman put
a stop to it.

Again, thanks all for the help.

Bill

--