Re: [CBQ] Re: Lumber District / question

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Lumber District / question
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 20:40:59 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1283226069; bh=UwOH+XvRCXAWWQeZBksBcvhCEdngNLii/mIsBtRXlZs=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=rPQfJZrjeSInWazmKNaxSwvgJVmow/vAOkZpkEccmns9TGNe2pOjARLAbu44czDg9YEveV5A/Da/JiuhfR4fTEFBw7qQfnkzYR8ZajtbropqiotjyOxkUmaSq8cZLti1
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Jeff
One day I had to unload a GN center flow covered hopper full of alfalfa pellets
into that elevator.  We mixed them with corn to feed sheep.  First I had to get
it spotted over the hopper as the switch crew could not shove it in due to
weight problems over the hopper.  So out came the car mover and get it moved.
Then I had to crawl all the way to the top account the man-lift was broken.
The
ladder was like that on the side of a car only MUCH taller.   You needed to
stop
for lunch on the way up.  Move the chute to the right bin then crawl back down
to start the motor to elevate the pellets.  The corn came in via truck.
Somewhere I have a couple photos taken from the top.  Once the car was empty
had
to move it back out so the switch crew could get it.  Moving bales of hay with
the old dump truck was easier
Steve in SC