[CBQ] RE: New Release - CB&Q HC-1 Sand Hoppers

To: <CBQ@Yahoogroups.com>, <BNList@yahoogroups.com>, <MFCL@yahoogroups.com>, <WesternPrototypeModeler@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] RE: New Release - CB&Q HC-1 Sand Hoppers
From: "Dave Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 14:46:39 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1282157218; bh=TJh8lG1teWYHb1FpIeI0WenDx8GeeShJblPgLRCkoGI=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:To:Message-ID:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:X-MimeOLE:Importance:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=FQ2EMofYyg4Os+tlaVd/P0y513HVvfDMFQf/MrwT6Z5mH5U0JeaenXfnbYAE8PPe/vAPnJ6YErHeCAUedBAcstXWuA3Rv9Y0atzZX53KMeZAtIUhISGYrvV6lYYTQiub
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi all,

To save a lot of emails, it has been brought to my attention that in my
email I have mistakenly substituted HC-1 with PS-1 and then later PS-2.  I?m
offering an apology for my mistake and a correction.

They are actually the ACF-type, 2-Bay 1958 cuft hoppers the Q classed HC-1.
The PS-2's production started about 15-20 years after the ACF design was
being produced and almost always came with round hatches - the ACF cars and
other copies/clones almost always used square hatches. There are also
significant structural differences between an ACF car and a PS-2 short
hopper. The cars I?m offering are ACF clones that were built by the Q forces
in their Havelock Shops. Beside the railroad car shop clones, Greenville and
Magor built their own clones for railroad customers.

Dave Lotz
Q Connection