[CBQ] Re: Commuter question.

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Commuter question.
From: "pal_houston" <paulaleonard08@att.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 23:11:36 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1281481977; bh=FGyJpAApQu/yrV9SudUErd75kRPlMpZoawpZIJIqO2U=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=FkJNA/FSX0+W3svjtGJShrZmTVYmN6xT1KhfOgYa/toe8pwLddPstHAo/7nH4+UfWY1pCHSunstIXubV685s74t/x2nHfwQzJVkr/lmfYnFUoApq23iKhgu/+ILu0DoM
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "MIKE" <mactach@...> wrote:

> I was looking on the Metra yahoo group just now and someone who attended the
> Lollapalooza concert in Grant Park Chicago mentions how poor Metra was for
> providing enough trains when it ended.
>
> Atually they weren't running any trains between 10:30 and 12:30 AM.
>
> My question is, if Chicago had as many of these festivals durring the years
> the Burlington was operating its suburban service, would it have done a
> better jobthen what Metra has done?

Let me answer your (hypothetical) question:

Yes.  The Burlington was PERFECT.  Come hell or high water, they GOT THE JOB
DONE. And most times AT A PROFIT.

That is why, in view of major structural changes to the US economy during the
1970s and later, it became the BURLINGTON Northern, and later, the BURLINGTON
Northern Santa Fe, before renaming itself to BNSF, and finally (after a great
run-up of stock price) getting bought out by Warren Buffet.

There.

THAT ought to stir up some lively conversation!!!

PS:  you DID note that they got out of the passenger business somewhere along
the way, right?

Regards,
Paul

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com