Re: [CBQ] Railroad History

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Railroad History
From: archie hayden <kliner@mywdo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 09:18:27 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1281017916; bh=3xSw4xc4eFyWv4MEXh2G36dVqBODUVzFWxFeLJw6SM8=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Envelope-From:X-Envelope-To:X-Received:X-Received:Message-Id:To:In-Reply-To:References:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=dj/LIrvm7kn2u4zvxURtWPM5hKP+7WjxXh5WIqgxqLJMKjY+gRROfET5azf4SOWKCY/EJcpcUA6gSDjSwuidhxGI2prLeXy+WA/ZJa+C/iEsRMhVVJO4nPqAijc3jt0l
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Here is a story about a rail who became a "Bo" at least for about 50
miles.  One cold morning with about a foot of snow on the ground I
faced a 60 or 70 car hike back to the power after putting our train
back together at a crossing I had cut earlier.  Right beside me was an
auto rack with new Dodge Lancers and I figured "What the heck, I'll
try my luck on one of the doors and the first one I tried was unlocked
and get this had the keys in the car.  It started right up and the
heater worked fine so I radioed the head end to high ball and rode the
auto rack all the way to West Quincy.  The crew hauler picked me up
when we got the train in the yard.  I only ran the heater to warm up a
few times as the gauge was near empty and I didn't want to run out of
gas.  What are the odds on everything lining up like this?  Archie

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com