Re: [CBQ] Industries @ Amazonia, MO

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Industries @ Amazonia, MO
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 22:50:20 -0400 (EDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1279680639; bh=7RkMdv0ZYoy6H88lmEzIf8UNMBekgKkP6dHS73bUZ7I=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:To:X-AOL-IP:In-Reply-To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=dZU5NrtUolo33XHeMSoNyLVmgdVld+FW6tPfYQ132wKqA+RyKN3m1vRWmnKUBF24jCcW+0pa0VRnFNnNut/u0FN1xmMnzh1veq+uMR2isdVr2n7yQDU6tBxLoQpfH2Ob
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
You're right on all counts Bill....Hunt's Orchard just north of Amazonia on K
Hwy is still very much in existence. You can see it from I 29 and even exit
right next door to the sales office..They grow primarily apples, but I think
peaches as well.  It's been many years, I'm sure, since a carload of baskets of
apples moved out of Amazonia.   I don't think that there are any "industry"
tracks left at Amazonia now...There was a turntable there at one time...It had
some historical significance, but I can't recall what it was now.

There was a quarry north of Amazonia at a place called "Curzons" IIRC and the
name Mordant seems to strike me as well.

I get through AMazonia occasionally...it's pretty much, shall we say, a "rural
slum" now.

Pete Hedgpeth