[CBQ] Louisiana, MO Interlocking Plant

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Louisiana, MO Interlocking Plant
From: "bsrls" <bsrls@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 21:07:35 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1269294064; bh=G3/szl15Of6ncdG0UwhYmw7qwyTThExuG0+G3q9Vg3U=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:Received:Received:Received:DKIM-Signature:Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-eGroups-Approved-By:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=SFQKDCEb0/lKbf/OJJZO9aQiYHRlraruZTXKMrvctlpjb04jmp/Yb+xtOo5OXOvUjfopG2Vkzg0OjHipbA60c8x9GxKh7ENJ/GN/fEeKUsVjq1WjMruHBajDvFBdldFM
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1269294047; bh=GMaevWWuDSjcflnSM0g1nQ82xrMb4Ta0FuSysWm9Gc8=; h=Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Date:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:Subject:X-Yahoo-Group-Post:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-YGroups-SubInfo:Sender:X-eGroups-Approved-By:X-eGroups-Auth; b=TIosJBaNjb+31drlWR7z9wNo6p17VlPHwVIozNeKpP45mchGCoO8QYAl3/MCNX8BINeP+wwwKMhg8hMXR4IBipFjsT4Y+H59q+GzFfIjeyUerZPiIFQcaYSyEgoeQNin
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
My name is Bill Saenger and I have been a member of this list for several
months now.  Since joining, I have been impressed with the range of topics and
the quality of the information being posted on this group.

My personal interests center on the both the history and present day operation
of the rail lines that serve both the St. Louis area and the Peoria, IL area.
More particularly I am interested in anything dealing with tracks, signals and
interlocking plants on these lines.

At Louisiana, MO on the former CB&Q Hannibal Division (K-Line) there was an
interlocking tower and plant where the GM&O (Ex Alton, Ex C&A) line between
Roodhouse and Kansas City crossed.  I am looking for any and all information on
this interlocking plant that I can find.

Some of the info that I would like to uncover is the date placed in service,
date retired, what type of interlocking machine was used, what levers operated
what function, maps, diagrams, manipulation charts, locking charts and so
forth.  That sounds like a lot of to be looking for but often when one of these
items is uncovered, several others are too.

There once was a connecting track in the southwest quadrant of the crossing
that still shows on a 1967 CB&Q track chart.   It is not clear whether or not
the switches to this connecting track were within the interlocking limits.

I have not seen nor have I seen a reference to a set of interlocking diagrams
for the CB&Q.  Does anybody have any such diagrams or even know of the
existence of such diagrams?  Again my interest in these is for the Hannibal
Division.

Best Wishes,
Bill Saenger
St. Louis, MO