Re: [CBQ] Bidding(was Suburban consist question)

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Bidding(was Suburban consist question)
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 06:51:48 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1256565110; bh=4EGdc8cpmtcCRd3AJ8W7Y0ujhOwGzC3SGo7KfIv+DRE=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=QZiFLPp5bvJVV8lBmckBonyzgJ6gfVUYuKi8dMPolMb9zneGU2ChGCx5jTLFWtFXAJ/ciJI5fOY/2gPGm5e0wRnnNVsqoY2/Vny+VMuwXcJ9se5UOoUlwbDBhAxjKPw/
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Rupert
After working for over 20 years as a Train Dispatcher we were informed it was a
management entry level position??   As a union DS I can only work 8 hours in 24
under the hours of service and let me tell you there are days 4 hours are too
much.  Course other days when things go well you could work over if needed.  I
can and have had to work 12 in emergency.  Strike by other craft, lack of
relief, or sickness.  Once had to work 12 after riding the dinky to work for
2nd shift.  Due to snow my relief could not make it.  I worked till 2:30 AM
with no dinkys had to ride a freight home and in the snow only one track was
open Cicero to Aurora as no section out yet to clean switches and light
burners.  We blew thru Western Springs just as the city had finished plowing
the platforms off and you know where the snow was when we blew thru only to
fill the shelters and platforms with the snow.
On the move to Ft. Worth a new contract allowed all chiefs to be
exempt(management) so they now work 12 hour shifts, 3days on and 4 off or 4 on
and 3 off depending on the schedule.  But have company projects and meetings on
their "Rest Days"  Pay all their medical, Vacation days are per their schedule
etc.  But they do get more pay (if you are in the right grade) and bonus(???) A
lot of them are blasted in 6 or 8 and should not be there for the full 12 but
have to ride it out.   So a lot of the decissions they make are BAD.
One reason for the nick name  Nest of Confusion for the office now.
SJH