Re: [CBQ] Motor Cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Motor Cars
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 13:19:11 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1251739179; bh=S3KHVYST2GVpKS4NwFseB18JGP5TquM+oCsQBf0wgcg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:To:X-AOL-IP:In-Reply-To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:X-Spam-Flag:X-AOL-SENDER:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=fX3O/sLSoQSOPFPxquvliBhK525AfVFbNJZ6A+fAmMQP1VuoSzfXT+QdfAiNgMiaULLiK8eTCUIx8jAp5O9pCkr19plFAQ087gSAsd8mTyN6eqO5i4/TCAfj6QnZCm9d
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Some of the Q MC's had a rear cab, but not all....I wasn't even aware that the
69 had a rear cab until long years after I had an associaton with that
machine...Even though the job I worked in 56 involved a backup move from Clay
Center to Sutton NE our crew never used it...We just backed up the 15 miles or
so "waycar first"...

Sadly I have to admit during the two weeks on this job I never rode in the
"cab" of the 69.? There was, of course, no fireman on this job and there as a
chair or stool of some kind in the cab there was never any occasion for me to
be there..We always had short trains and both brakemen rode the waycar.

Even on my first day on the job we had five or six cars heading south on the
Hastings-Lester sub enroute to Huntley via Ayr Junction.? We pulled up to Ayr
Jct and I got down from the cupola to go ahead and line the switch...The rear
brakeman, an old head said...just still still? "he'll get her"..OK...We stopped
at the switch...The engineer cllimbed out of the cab lined the switch and got
back in whistled off and we pulled around and I lined the switch back. That
procedure remained in place during my remaining days on the job..Such were
things in the slower and easier life on a brach line local in days of yore.

Pete