[CBQ] Pioneer Zephyr with QSI sound

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Pioneer Zephyr with QSI sound
From: Ray bedard <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 07:41:42 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1251211325; bh=QeGDFQ0RLIuQ60dmxVflGq6/czsOsi5DL/bcG2I86gw=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=kZrjjC522t5kkAOVZQx4wOdVKRhXQDEsjdr0ADb7WfeqKAPE0OHDR06GaE/a8xM0qdEQx3ZVjsPE7ztlnIGl4+stiC7yKrXY33bFS8DgO+w4eDUPfOZ8GdAATDk7nNS9
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
OK, I remember seeing some comments over the past year about adding sound to
the ConCor HO Pinoneer Zephyr, but I have some questions on this that I do not
think were addressed.

First off, I operate DC and have several HO engines with QSI sound systems
(Proto2000/Walthers/BLI). I use the QSI Engineer to control and activate the
various sound effects for my engines.

I keep looking at my "silent" ConCor Pioneer Zephyr and would love to add QSI
sound to it.

Has anyone added the new Revolution to the Zephyr, and if so, what version of
Revolution (A or U) and what sound file best represents the Zephyr?

I know that there has been a lot of discussions about the bell sound, but I can
live with something that represents a good bell, even though it may not be 100%
acurate. Are there any issues that one needs to be aware of when installing a
QSI Revolution into the ConCor Zephyr.

I recently bought a BLI 2-8-2 that had there new Blue Line sound module (not
compatible with QSI). I removed the stock module and replaced it with the
Revolution-A, uploaded one of the new sound files and it works great and the
sound is even BETTER than the original early version 2-8-2's I have.

Ray Bedard
San Jose CA