Re: [CBQ] Re: Savanna Depot Color

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Savanna Depot Color
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 21:05:37 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1242878741; bh=pLOJ2d0Lb8B3+4bCcYe//Wqz+6AvXnT+ZAtCtB6b7bw=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=HbUWQweBpQ4IaGNjsKvWsS6xTwXCWBQG9rDF+qrlHHxwHJauWebz3uLRWJ8iCxe4/yLUjwa31Y3HmYbb578Wei15fsQWAml7QuXc2W9etm9P1UttxhYGvv488CSENgK/
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Paul
Just as a guess I would suggest the color of the Princeton or Earlville Depots
Or the Burlington Box at Aurora.  It would be almost a tuscan red rather then a
box car red color.  And of course the Bronze Green trimming around the windows.
 Of course color is subject to fading and shifts due to light
A lot of "Fireproof Brick" came from the brick yards in Ottawa(there were two)
one was located on the Q.  Brick, Tiles and Glazed tiles.  There were brick
yards in Streator(I picked one up in Aurora while there for the show in April
along with a BARR brick but both pavers.  And of course the Purington brick
yards in Galesburg.  Often the colors are different from different brick yards.
 I have 7or 8 different Puringtons.  Different colors of morter can also change
the looks of the brick
SJH