Re: [CBQ] Re: TRAIN ORDERS

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: TRAIN ORDERS
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 21:35:00 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1241238964; bh=N4ulqhYnysuvd/eLnEMteZ/547LulpamVkqOeBj4ZsU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=EHJP1Su9kfFK1viGxUG/SDSFnzenAIA9zcE0gmagp+qPVXF1e+0KqsdP5zkh7e0ns1t0sI2T2WXl6WhmwVbAPoar+f3RqiixX27AE5mibWg0aAaloI0VVoaXejlwxQrl
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I would suggest this was the change of a normal scheduled meet as the trains
have numbers rather then running as extras.  A Scheduled Meet would show up on
the timetable schedule with small numbers noting the train to be met.  The
Superior Train would be by RIGHT(train order) CLASS(1st, 2nd, extra) and or
DIRECTION(See note at bottom of timetable for this info)
In later years all scheduled trains had to have a Positive Meet.  That is one
where both trains were addresed and told to meet at a certain location and
which train was to take the siding

No 209 take siding meet No. 210 at St. James.  No 209 goes in even though he
may get there last.
Before CTC on the Peavine(Savanna to Galesburg) we use to make meets at Fenton
with the train backing or heading toward the track which use to go to Fulton.
Only one end of the train could see the meet.
On the Albia to Des Moines meets at Knoxville would be made with the trains on
sidings blocks apart due to the realignment.  The main was one road and the
siding the other(Q and Wabash)
I better quit before I give away my whole clinic
SJH