Re: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q GI68 Galesburg IL to Congress Park IL

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q GI68 Galesburg IL to Congress Park IL
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:55:28 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1236743750; bh=WmxywzSDPYarMtI1IDDJ+9OaFojbq1R/k22lHInkWWY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=n6k2Tg85w3B4e/cJtvZIWquw7kHGhfexVqtCqmCWlXa9uATd3ejI7EDfJTD84ajEmOe+56/do8I8UgJPYm7ypFsBRZqT5gQ5MlrDVl2JITpBOL0yv5PxTLlsGNUF8+yt
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Mark
Look at the list Russ put up of Train No. 88 out of Northtown with the stock.
STOCK loads would have been on the head end to avoid injury from Slack Action
But even then the stock was all mixed up.  The train would have been worked for
sure at Savanna as the 00143 is the Savanna Station Number and those stock cars
would have been set to the stock yard there.  It would have been interesting to
see how the stock was moved out of Savanna.  IE.  if their was a train to
operate "Around the Horn"(via Peavine to Denrock and then to Mendota)  This
would have allowed the Earlville stock to be set out there on the way by.
Otherwise they would have all been set out at Montgomery and then backhauled to
Earlville.
The rest of the cars in 88 are in block order using the Station Numbers 00033=
Eola  00009 = Cicero
SJH