Re: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q GI68 Galesburg IL to Congress Park IL

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q GI68 Galesburg IL to Congress Park IL
From: "Russ Strodtz" <normansen@groundcontrol.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 19:56:10 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1236646607; bh=De/rdTBkyW2iK9GV/bWkvYfrScpnVZRO/+CqjHMd64o=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-DWNI-Authenticated-User:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=BdQnfLS6f+fLAMe9OfWeKfJa5Z8XWiNDBbpQ4wMvJlN1ald8QSdqhdiIIocL6FIxfs7FngYzlYJwUyQNyaU47CvcbskoHdXp28577L/iQOCAq4ThY4nha0+0jBKiDucb
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Mark,

In general it was not a CB&Q policy to have stock at
any part of a train. If a yard set it up about a train
that was supposed to be set out in some order then they
probably would do so, most of the time.

As you can imagine it would be much more unusual for a
CB&Q road to set a particular set out in particular
orders for another road. Examples that I can think of
were the DRGW and the UP at Grand Island. (Might have
been some Westbound at Kansas City from Cicero/Galesburg
but I am not sure). Other than that it just did not
happen. The IHB did not do anything like that at Galesburg.

The IHB crew that picked up a group of cars was preferred
to be sent with stock on their head end. That was because
of the hump done at Blue Island. Since that crew set out
by the GI68 at Congress Park the IHB got their crew on the
rear end. So for that IHB crew on that date it was about
where there wanted it. Just luck. Yes, at Congress Park/
La Grange the IHB had a yard and a crew there could do as
they were told.

Russ