[CBQ] Hot Move at Eola

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Hot Move at Eola
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 16:34:08 EST
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1236288868; bh=JwuyQVk36rpUjhgtFbyUQcURbIV55aL0B14eemAOnHI=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:X-Spam-Flag:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=bO4GFAcBxSf3tEetmNZ+59p7I4FiWe0V/M+xqTUuKrxxDl7l9+1gzkjFNqkC5U0jP4IcdNw+ivarI/lG9suhgeqrLoU3f4Ti4foEwyVu8oJL1y2kdJWSY4GyY6qDmE5a
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I don't want to paint Eola in a totally negative picture as there were many
good customer serving moves made there too.
General Mills was one of the customers who had direct phone numbers to the
right people to get what they wanted NOW. I was on both the phone line
receiving  these calls and in the trains on at least one occasion. I also heard
the
stories  of other cases. It was not uncommon for General Mills to call "the
White House"  and say that car xyz 123 was leaving their plant on the Belt in
Chicago that  afternoon and was need at West Chicago on the PM mail w/o fail.
Cicero would  expedite switching of the car into a west bound stopping at Eola.
The night or  afternoon mail would be called back from West Chicago to fetch
the
car from Eola  where the yard engine had placed it first out on the "new
Track" for quick p/u  and departure by the mail. General Mills would be happy
for
awhile and then  there'd be another call .............................

Leo Phillipp
recession.
(http://jobs.aol.com/gallery/growing-job-industries?ncid=emlcntuscare00000002)