[CBQ] Re: New Oregon Photos

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: New Oregon Photos
From: "bigbearoak" <jonathanharris@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 18:16:10 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1234808173; bh=5mrFJmNIUP9P2aStaekPF+CDrCFil2Fgsk77mQB3Nc8=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=n3DKcc4GOM8loHwAiDUJMIYVK3jgrdyDuDvMwp9U3Ob4H3OokuXu5gOlkCFBRTVmgqh1b7ffN3qrHvwfqoKfy/8uVp8ffTz1/iLkRop1DulCI1U+cLs/JpIakGGblDA0
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
These are such great photos. Thanks to Bob for making them available
and to you for posting them at such high resolution. The fact that
they are not fully overhead (vertical) shots but taken at an 'oblique'
 angle makes them especially useful. They're just the right distance
to be able to take in the whole scene but close enough to see what's
there in some detail. In fact, they're sharp and at sufficiently high
resolution to be able to zoom in and really pore over. And thanks for
your commentary and insight into what is shown. For those interested
in Oregon, Leo Phillipp shared some other, quite helpful information
about the track layout, operations and functions of specific tracks a
year ago. It's message #28394, posted on Jan 2, 2008. Also, you can
compare the track chart Steven Holding posted - it's schematic, not
scale, but it shows all the tracks and dates from roughly the same
period as these photos, so taken in combination you really get a sense
of what was going on there almost 50 years ago.
Jonathan