[CBQ] Re: C&S/FW&D Books

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: C&S/FW&D Books
From: "bigbearoak" <jonathanharris@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 18:36:40 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1234809403; bh=s1afpj8U2SFHUMbk+HArafVnw31+/Jz8gxIi7848nxc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=qFsF12MpU1NZm3kPfARX2P9tGmlY0HnLn0yS7uAysLF4WHSwwIWtzmUVwmU3rZ28w+gnX4MST7EUstn4054YGn30dQ51+NLis5HFX7StWq9HkiW5Gpu48OQprWwkCwko
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I've been told Four Ways West gave up on a "C&S Northern Division"
project because there just weren't enough color photos of that part of
the system. All we have for comprehensive coverage of that division is
the very old (no date, probably c1965) book by Ehernberger and Gshwind
- a small volume with some nice photos, all b&w. There's also a
section dedicated to the Northern Division in Ross Grenard's paperback
booklet, which documents roughly the same time period (mostly
1940s-50s steam), and you'll find bits and pieces in other, larger
works, e.g., Speas & Coel, Wagner, et al.... I like the aforementioned
little books a lot, but we have nothing equivalent to Fulcomer in
either color coverage or time period, i.e., if you're interested the
C&S during the diesel era, which Fulcomer covers in detail.
Jonathan

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, railbass@... wrote:

> As I was looking through Ed Fulcomer's Colorado & Southern Southern
Division this morning, he mentions in the acknowledgements that he
would be working on a volume on the C&S Northern Division and the
FW&D.   I have Steve Allen Goen's Fort Worth & Denver Color Pictorial.
  As Colorado & Southern Southern Division appears to have been
published in 1995, has there been a recent volume on the C&S Northern
Division, covering northern Colorado and Wyoming, featuring color
photos?   Has Fulcomer published anything on the FW&D?