Re: [CBQ] Intimidation Factor

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Intimidation Factor
From: "Russ Strodtz" <normansen@groundcontrol.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 12:39:06 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1233945559; bh=hiLHfa0hNmdVX5cFUweDFgVkm3dsVkr/EMfJ5fKZmgI=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-DWNI-Authenticated-User:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Qp6YA3YC1MviSZXiL1sJG3XaQlQ0HPDika72trKmFq5HZDUR/4Nf40Gr23okLjMGhXkLPtP13KMpWDJcO6Z2GE43sSxMsm9ePi8lbqaDRfzV3vjcuQJgCHJsemGp8CyG
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Leo/Pete:

I find it interesting that a Conductor or Engineer would
not, as it was by rule, want to give another member of an
employee orders. I do not see much point of having any of
these jobs even bothering to work.

As the worlds of Railroad that is what ended up as time
changed. Now we have a Conductor and an Engineer. That is
all there is. Two people, two orders. (Actually we have a
few jobs that only have a one man crew. Also really have no
Engineers on yards at all since units are run from the
ground.) It also has changed that no one is "hired" as a
Engineer. There is no such job. They are only hired as
Conductors and are then qualified as Engineers after one
year. Even management is changing as they are now set up
as "Trainmasters" and then get qualified as "Road Foreman".
Then there is only necessary as one job.

I find the real world to make more sense than to go way
in the past. Yes, it does need to be understood but that
is all.

Russ