Re: [CBQ] Hockeystick BN GP40

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Hockeystick BN GP40
From: "Russ Strodtz" <borneo@19main.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 11:18:44 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1233854337; bh=CJ12UgOrUc1Ct3nTUolL/eXfGoAIVgSFHHakLQLzK7Y=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-AntiAbuse:X-AntiAbuse:X-AntiAbuse:X-AntiAbuse:X-AntiAbuse:X-Source:X-Source-Args:X-Source-Dir:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=ZcWXBwKJTdU5eK67waALkNMEwpeZ8HtcqIvvuFxWZIhLVWLEkGcR2WxcOc6BB8wlkKfUnUoNCzHmuxgZxTqc0JYLqfnj6SySOC4BvYj0ALx/Sk9eC3QotqOPm61Y9UEc
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
1968 to 1970 delay was by a legal deal sent by
the MKT.

The 1968 "BN" timetable that I happen to have was
the "Portland Division Burlington Northern". They
were probably others but I don't have any of them.

Keep in mind that at 1968 the color as used was
"Forest Green". By late 1969/1970 it got changed
to "Burlington Green" or "Cascade Green". The
"Forest Green" was used until it ran out. None
was wasted. For example SPS 318100-318399 were built
in 1970 but were all "Forest Green". BN 319599-
319999 were done later and started as "Forest Green".
About three months after the Merger it was finally
decided to get them as "Cascade Green".  BN 321000-
321499 got the new ones right at the start but that
was not done until 1972.

The one GP40 and the CB&Q SD45 and U23C were supposed
to be painted after 1971 but with the number to be done
there was obviously not much of a hurry. Passenger
units were the first ones changed but they did not like
it so the SP&S were used at the Merger Photos.

The 1968 freight car re-numberings were also done. That
turned out to being a mess because many were used with
the wrong numbers. There had to be renumbered again. It also caused the
issue that anything that was renumbered had to get an "Old Number" at the
lower center of the
"Old Number" so they could figure it out. The PC figured
out their "Old Number" renumbering but there decided to
send it on the top corners rather than the bottoms like
the BN.

Russ
(By the way, I work hard to get this done as I can not
read. Maybe some future but I doubt it. Am too old.)