Re: [CBQ] Broadway limited paint job on 2-8-2 Mikado Steam locomotive

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Broadway limited paint job on 2-8-2 Mikado Steam locomotive
From: "homanfamily" <homanfamily@fuse.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 21:58:16 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I  observed the FW&D 2-8-0 on display at Wichita Falls TX has a red cab
roof.  According to museum staff there, which they state was passed on by
Denver Road employees and personal memory that the Denver Road painted the
cab roofs a dark red (mineral redmaybe but more probably a red lead paint) .
I have photos of that Loco.  Is there a member in Lubbock who can check the
0-1 at Texas Tech that is painted to represent a FW&D engine?.
Pat Homan