[CBQ] RE: Calendar address

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] RE: Calendar address
From: Gerald & Virginia Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 18:24:06 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
It was posted (#30385) in mid-Dec. The address is unchanged for several yrs:
MP206 Pub., Box 543, West Burlington, Iowa  52655-0543.  Price was $12.95 plus
$4.80 for Priority Mail with less than 75 copies left at the time as most were
pre-ordered.
Gerald

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.comFrom: mopac1@classicnet.netDate: Mon, 12 Jan 2009
17:21:14 +0000Subject: [CBQ] Re: Oops! plus reviews of calendar & books

Gerald,Can you supply me with the current address for Milepost 206? Their
website hasn't been updated since 2006.Thanx,Gene Semon--- In
CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Gerald A. Edgar" <vje68@...> wrote:>> Last message was to
thank Hubert (as many of us have done) for depot > drawings and I could have
sworn the "To" was to him, not to CB&Q Yahoo. > However to make it up, here's
my amateur reviews of 2 new Burlington > books & 1 Burlington calendar> > 2009
Burlington Calendar from MP206 Publishing (Burlington, IA)> > It's 8&1/2 x 11"
with 13 photos (Jan 09-Jan 10) 5 are color views, 7 > b/w & 1 sepia - all are
sharp and several, as in past years, are > the 'where in the heck did they find
this?" types. Included is a view > of a QO&KC coal train led by #32, a Baldwin
2-8-0 blt for K.C. & > Northern Connecting as their #513 in 1900; lasted til
1927. There is > also a "29 builders photo of an ACF fbus or Burl. Trans. Co.
(love the > brass marker on rear); wood piledriver 204607; 4960 @ Chapin, IL;
4-4-0 > #370 with a bunnting bedecked train and a giant "A" on its boiler front
> taken WAY back when. ANY idea what the occaision was?> A double header
passenger train taken in Osceola, IA in 1914 is a rarity> As in past years, the
balance of photos from different eras, all > corners of the Q and every aspect
of the RR possible are crammed into > an outstanding work including motorcar
#9735. Amazing what keeps > popping up!> > "Quincy Route" (QO&KC/I&StL -
expanded & revised)> > The long out-of-print Hogback Road is reprised in this
expanded (116 > pp, 8&1/2" x 11" softbound) and rewritten version by Michael
Johns & > the late Ralph Cooper with assistance from Jim Reisdorff of So.
Platte > Press (available there) but published by Milepost 208 (Chilicothe, >
MO). Photos are marginal in quality (one, the RR gave up in "39 with > parts
abandoned then, others remaining with CB&Q and two, most are > copied from the
1st book). The Iowa & St. Louis is also covered and > maps are a plus as is the
roster (copied from R&LHS issue #151 of 1984 > but erroneously credited to BRHS
in one place, CB&Q H.S. in another) A > A 1916 QO&KC ETT is also copied. There
is an excellent bibliogrpahy & > a decent index. For those of you unfamiliar
with the QO&KC, it was > owned by CB&Q from 1908 onward & its 'table' appears
in all CB&Q public > TT's thru the 30's. A granger & coal hauler running across
northern MO > (with the I&StL serving as a branch to Sedan, IA) it was the weak
> sister of the Burlington Route.> > "Last Train to Wymore" by David Doering> >
This is the continuance of the famous "Wymore Story" (4 printings to > date!)
by Richard Kistler, also publ. by So. Platte Press. Indeed, Mr. > Kistler
provides the Forward. Approx. 80 sharp photos, nearly all > color grace its 56
pp along with maps and my favorite aspect, details > on every industry on the
line from CB&Q days to BN abandonment. > Although this is a book about a branch
operated by BN, the right-of-way > & structures shown are all Q and where
applicable, Mr. Doering provides > the original Q loco # of BN GP'7 & SD-9's he
photographed. I normally > only model/collect & read about CB&Q; anything after
the spring of 1970 > is verboten! But the Wymore branch was CB&Q thru & thru
and was one of > the last parts of the Q to be served by a BN 'local' as it had
been for > many years before. If you model or have an interest in Lines West in