Fwd: Re: Fwd: [CBQ] GN and NP Diners Mpls/StP to Chicago

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Fwd: Re: Fwd: [CBQ] GN and NP Diners Mpls/StP to Chicago
From: "Tom Mack" <thommack@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 04:57:12 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
This is great info. I have started logging the consist info I received
from Tim Wells into an Excel spreadsheet. I can tell you that the
buffet-coach is always either Silver Garden or Silver Patio. The Q
sleeper for the consists I have done so far has been either Silver
Plateau or Silver Terrain (10-6 from the DZ). Silver Dale showed up in
one consist designated as NW-1 (what does NW-1 signify?). It is the
same plan as Silver Crag on the CZ. Did BLI ever do the 10-6 sleeper
for the CZ?

Very common has also been an GN Empire Builder coach in the 1215-1232
series, and the NP slumbercoaches. Also, some interesting mail &
baggage cars from UP, NYC, and PRR.

There are a number of cars with names like Bush River and Schulylkill
River. These are designated as "D.H." There are also cars designated
as NW-1 or NW-2 with names like "Imp Rock" or "Imp Cape". I thought
these might be PRR or NYC "Imperial" series sleepers, but I cannot
find mention of these particular names in any books. Any help with
this would be appreciated.

Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH