[CBQ] Some ex-Burlington remembered in Seattle

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Some ex-Burlington remembered in Seattle
From: "briannpman" <briannpman@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 05:26:07 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I recently scanned a number of BN photographs I had and noticed a
number of them show former Burlington locomotives.  And of the 5 all
are different models all in order from the time they were built.  I
didn't plan it that way but it was kind of interesting.

1) BN SD9 6195 was built 9/57 as the CB&Q 448.  This photo of the
6195 was taken at Pasco, WA 8-13-00 where it and another SD9 were
working the yard.  I do not have a recent disposition of the 6195.
Does anyone know what its status is now?

http://www.locophotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=97925

2) BN SD24 6252 was built 9/59 as the CB&Q 512.  I photographed it
in Seattle on 5-12-79.  I see it is missing its upper set of
headlights.  Info I have is after being retired by BN it went to
Peavey Grain 9/86 and then the trail goes cold.  Curious to know if
anyone knows where the 6252 is now.

http://www.locophotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=97926

3) Next is BN 2223, a former CB&Q GP30 built as the 946 4/62.  In
this photo taken at the ex-GN Interbay yard in Seattle 9-13-77 I see
it still has both headlights.  Info I have says it was rebuilt to BN
GP39E 2751 and is currently on the BNSF roster as the 2741 and still
in BN colors.

http://www.locophotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=98003

4) BN GP35 2534 was built as CB&Q 988 6/64.  I photographed it at
Interbay 6-28-78 still looking pretty nice.  It is also still on the
BNSF roster as GP39E 2936 and still in BN green last I heard.

http://www.locophotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=98004

5) And lastly is BN SD45 6460 built as the CBQ 519 in January of
1969.  This photo of it was taken at Interbay on 6-26-78.  It was
retired 2/84 and ended up on the CNW as the 6579 and then went to
VMV at a later date.  Anyone know what became of this unit after
that?

http://www.locophotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=98028

It is nice to know that at least the former Burlington GP30 and GP35
can still be found in service today.  They may not be the same units
they were built as but at least for the most part they look the
same.

Also interesting these were all EMD's too.  I photographed ex-CB&Q U-
boats at the same time here in the Seattle area but did not scan any
of those images.  I will have to see what I have handy.

Brian Ambrose
Renton, WA