Re: [CBQ] FW: engineer information

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] FW: engineer information
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:59:03 -0600
Cc: <eazystreat@yahoo.com>
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
At one time there was a link to ALL the ICC Railroad Accident Reports that
could be searched by year and by railroad.  A Google search brings up a few
but not the full list that I am thinking of.
There were perhaps 100 reports relevant to the Q which certainly would have
included an incident which resulted in the death of an engineer.   The ICC
reports
would be the fastest way to get the date and location.   After the date and
location are determined I'd start contacting local history / genealogy
librarians in the
area to see what newspapers might be available digitally or in micofilm format
to get newspaper coverage, obituaries, etc..
Charlie Vlk