[CBQ] South Dakota State Railroad Museum

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] South Dakota State Railroad Museum
From: "cnwdakota400" <cnwdakota400@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:18:16 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
It is my pleasure to report that ground was broken at Hill City, South Dakota,
in October
for the South Dakota State Railroad Museum, Ltd.

The Museum (501c3) will be located on the grounds of the venerable 1880
TRAIN/Black
Hills Central Railroad. For those of you that are familiar with the BHC's
former CB&Q/BN
yard in Hill City, the building will be just south of the depot's park area.

The design includes an "indoor stall" in which period standard and narrow gauge
equipment can be switched into the building from the BHC yard on a rotating
basis for
display and educational purposes.

We have already acquired a former CRI&P caboose for display, and have
memorabilia and
related items secured to represent all of the railroads that have served the
state. These
features along with the partnership/proximity of the 1880 TRAIN and Hill City
will combine
to make a remarkable year-round venue for railroad enthusiasts, history buffs,
and the
general public.

I will be attending the Sioux Valley Engineers Train Show in Sioux Falls this
weekend with
more information on this remarkable project. Please stop by and visit with me.
If you can't
make the show, please contact the Museum at southdakotarailroadmuseum@yahoo.com.

Thanks much.

Rick Mills, Board President