[CBQ] Engine in Chicago Painted in Way of the Zephyrs Scheme

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Engine in Chicago Painted in Way of the Zephyrs Scheme
From: "Franklin Campbell" <franklincampbell55@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 04:22:01 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Exciting News,

Here in Chicago, there is a shortline that runs on ex CB&Q tracks.
Today they finished repainting their SW9 in a CB&Q inspired paint
scheme. Engineer Vahey invited all of the railfans down for the
ceremonial painting of the bell, we all ate breakfast at the diner
next door. and then we followed the little street running switcher in
a convoy of 5 cars. Vahey staged several shots for us. WHich can be
viewed on my flickr photostream (link below). Come and see the engine
sometime. They run Moday-Friday usually leaving the compound at about
7am. Its a very easy job to follow. FOr more info email me Frank
Campbell or Engineer/Railfan Kevin Vahey at

Me:franklincampbell55@yahoo.com
Engineer Vahey:snomandrums@sbcglobal.net(don't be shy, he's nice and
wants to get the news about his newly painted engine out there)

Here is the link to my pictures.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/franklinc55/