[CBQ] Re: Engine in Chicago Painted in Way of the Zephyrs Scheme

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Engine in Chicago Painted in Way of the Zephyrs Scheme
From: "Franklin Campbell" <franklincampbell55@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 05:02:20 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I could do that. CIRY stands for Central Illinois Railroad Company.
The Railroad owns about 10 SW switchers of various heritage (Well
about 8, as they sold two). One engine was one of the few surviving
ex.Erie Lackawana engines.

I agree that they did do a great job on it. Much better than I
thought it would be. And boy did it attract a croud. About 20 or so
people came out on Halloween to see the engine's maiden run. Metra
called the cops on us at western avenue yard. We heard them over the
radio. I guess I would too if there were 15 guys standing in a
freight yard with Big SLR cameras.

http://franklinterrier.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?
id=1191528

This is a shot that I took of the engine in June. Much better. THe
crewmembers are also railfans. Especially the engineer, he ran that
thing in run 8 uphill 3 times, lots of shots with plenty of diesel
smoke.

I could definatly do a writeup though.

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "pal_houston" <paulaleonard@...> wrote:

> --- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Franklin Campbell"
> <franklincampbell55@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > Exciting News, Here in Chicago, there is a shortline that runs on
ex
> CB&Q tracks. Today they finished repainting their SW9 in a CB&Q
> inspired paint scheme. Here is the link to my pictures.
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/franklinc55/
> >
> Franklin:
>
> Thanks for posting your pictures. I have always thought that the
CB&Q