[CBQ] Appropriate Posts

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Appropriate Posts
From: "Dave Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 22:12:17 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
To All the members of the CBQ Yahoo List
>From the CBQ List Owner

No offense to Lamoyne, but the ?bill rider? post and any like it are totally
off-topic and inappropriate for this forum.  I was away from my computer
attending the BRHS Annual Meeting in Macomb and just saw the thread tonight.
Otherwise, I would have put a stop to the thread immediately.

I have deleted the original and all associated emails in the thread.

This is the perfect time for the reminder that:

?The purpose of the list is for historians, railfans and railroad modelers
to discuss the any topic related to the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy
railroad and/or its predecessors.?

We all have different ideologies and beliefs, but all share an interest in
the CB&Q and it?s predecessors.  Please, BEFORE posting, test it against the
stated purpose of the list ? if it fails, don?t post it.

I will be implementing a monthly reminder that is being used on several of
the rail-related Yahoo Groups.  Here it is:

The 10 Commandments of Email

Thou shalt include a clear and specific subject line.

Thou shalt edit any quoted text down to the minimum thou needest.

Thou shalt read thine own message thrice before thou sendest it.

Thou shalt ponder how thy recipient might react to thy message.

Thou shalt check thy spelling and thy grammar.

Thou shalt not curse, flame, spam or USE ALL CAPS.

Thou shalt not forward any chain letter.

Thou shalt not use e-mail for any illegal or unethical purpose.

Thou shalt not rely on the privacy of e-mail, especially from work.

When in doubt, save thy message overnight and reread it in the light of
the dawn.

And, here's the "Golden Rule" of E-Mail:

That which thou findest hateful to receive, sendest thou not unto
others.

Thanks,

Dave Lotz