Re: [CBQ] Fw: bill rider

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Fw: bill rider
From: Stephen Levine <sjl_prodigynet@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 13:08:36 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I am a little uncomfortable with the discussion of religion on this list.

That said, however, even though I am Jewish, I do have fond memories of
styrofoam christmas bells on the holiday version of the Denver Zephyr in 1966
and the mid-January version of the CZ in 1970 when I rode them.

Just understand that, when prayers are said publicly, I cannot recite or join
in one involving Jesus.  Also, please do not try to invoke statements in public
education that evolution is only a theory.  I have made my career in the
biological sciences and know that the study fo evolution is on as solid ground
as the study of quantum mechanics (has anyone ever seen a quantum?)

If you understand these things, I am satisfied.  In medicine, I have come to
appreciate the importance of faith in the process of healing and have
personally come to believe in the existence of G-d and of a world that we
cannot directly experience.

Now back to the Burlington
sjl