Re: [CBQ] RR Lantern Q

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] RR Lantern Q
From: "Robert Bullermann" <rwb@wi.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 16:26:33 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I had  sizeable lantern collection at one time.  I purchased 80 short globe
lanterns years ago, cleaned them all up, re-sold them all. I used to clean the
lanterns in a solution of lye, 2 gallons of hot water and one can of Lewis Lye.
I left the lantern in the lye water for about an hour. After rinesing and
dryinge  I brushed them lightly with a wire brush. This took them down to the
bare metel.  I wore eye protection and big rubber gloves.  I only have a dozen
tall globe lanterns left, including several CB&Q