Re: [CBQ] Red and Gray Paint

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Red and Gray Paint
From: "Rob & Bev Manley" <robev1630@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 23:58:16 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Brad,
The CB&Q Gray and CB&Q Chinese Red from Badger Modelflex are right on. They do
a good job of matching the red & gray on the HO P2K SD 7&9s.
I don't know what the Atlas GP 30s are like but I thought the red SD-24's in HO
needed a little more of an orangey Red cast. They looked more like a Santa Fe
red. The Gray was darker than it should be but that can be hidden with the
right weathering anyway.
Paint your shells all gray and mask off the tops for the red. Youo can use the
top gray as a primer and it's easier to mask off the top than the bottom.

Have fun with your diesels West.

Rob Manley