[CBQ] Re: Why didn't Silver Inn and Silver Manor go to Amtrak?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Why didn't Silver Inn and Silver Manor go to Amtrak?
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 09:12:00 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Stephen,

Possibly Amtrak, in their original car selection, didn't want any Q
cars because all of the post 1946 cars were built to the million
pound buff load specification while most if not all other available
passenger cars were built to a buff load specification of 800,000
pounds. Maybe someone at Amtrak felt that intermixing cars of
different buff load specification would somehow be detrimental or
even remotely subject to litigation during an accident.

Bill Barber