Re: [CBQ] Why didn't Silver Inn and Silver Manor go to Amtrak?

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Why didn't Silver Inn and Silver Manor go to Amtrak?
From: "Russ Strodtz" <borneo@19main.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 20:52:11 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
It may be set by PC doing what Amtrak wanted. There were sets on
lists and I'm not even sure that they were able to inspect everything
that they could look at. It is my understandment that other than
the Suburban what they got was what they were told to send out as
Amtrak wanted them. Also heard that UP could not understand exactly
what they wanted and how it was figured out but they still got what
was wanted. Still did not get enough and had to lease all kinds of
odd stuff.

Even in recent times that are some odd things that are hard to
understand. If you can spend government money I guess that is
what will be decided.

Russ