Re: [CBQ] Reefer Companies on the Q

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Reefer Companies on the Q
From: "Russ Strodtz" <borneo@19main.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 13:05:28 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Ken,

I find this somewhat interested but do not see anything that is
put done as actual Operations. What someone in management at
Washington might think all kinds of ideas but I do not know where
there would be involved as to actual Operation. Let's stick with the
CB&Q GST. That was the person that would have made thing actually
happen.

As to UP -omaha traffic here there was none, at least beyond the
1955 general area. I think you are looking for Council Bluffs. I'm
sure that any UP/CB&Q traffic can cover that issue. Since the UP
made more money to move it via the Council Bluffs it would be the
only policy. For many years coal traffic goes to CN via Sioux City.
Why? Money, nothing else.

While agree that there is plenty or historically printed information
on the other hand often is not connected with actual Operations.

Within the last year or so the CB&Q Organization sent out a great
deal of actual information that covered with Operations. I see that
I have seen nothing on any information added. Has anyone read that?

Russ