Re: [CBQ] Amtrak on the C&I

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Amtrak on the C&I
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 10:17:19 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The 261 Trip that was to have departed for Milwaukee tomorrow has been
rescheduled for August 13.
If not, I would have been on my way downtown to have lunch at Berghoff's before
boarding the Empire
Builder for the Twin Cities this afternoon (the TCZ not being available.
Apparently the ex-MILW at Portage
has water problems.
Charlie Vlk

  CP Reeseville Swamp (between Watertown and Columbus) has over 3 feet of
  water on the tracks before today's 4+ inches fell. Detours on the BNSF and
  ICE. Amtrak #7/8 are running the BNSF. Best estimate is sometime late next
  week before the tracks are even visible again and then will basic need to
  completely re-built. 261 trips for June are canceled (FO 261 will be taking
  a big loss). May reschedule trips for August.

  .