RE: [CBQ] Amtrak on the C&I

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Amtrak on the C&I
From: "Matt Carlson" <matt@carlsonphotos.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 20:09:28 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Short summary:

CP Reeseville Swamp (between Watertown and Columbus) has over 3 feet of
water on the tracks before today's 4+ inches fell. Detours on the BNSF and
ICE. Amtrak #7/8 are running the BNSF. Best estimate is sometime late next
week before the tracks are even visible again and then will basic need to
completely re-built. 261 trips for June are canceled (FO 261 will be taking
a big loss).  May reschedule trips for August.

BNSF still trouble spots on the Aurora Subdivision La Crosse to Savanna but
traffic still running. Hannibal Subdivision is closed. Ottumwa Subdivision
expected to be closed on Friday. Fort Madison Subdivision expected to be
closed Saturday

UP Boone Subdivision - One track is out of service near Denison, Iowa close
to where a tornado hit Wednesday evening. Clinton Subdivision - Rising water
along the Cedar River has taken both tracks out of service near Cedar
Rapids, Iowa. Trenton Subdivision - Rising water along the Des Moines River
has taken the mainline out of service between Des Moines, Iowa, and Kansas
City, Mo. The following areas also are being watched closely due to rising
waters: Clinton Subdivision near Tama, Iowa; River Subdivision near
Booneville and Hodge, Mo., and St. Genevieve, Mo., expected to flood
sometime Saturday. Adams/Milwaukee line closed due to storms and water in
the Beaver Dam - Chicago.

Mid-Continent closed for the season officially and has taken extremely
severe damage to everything.

Matt Carlson

La Crosse, WI

 <http://www.carlsonphotos.net> www.carlsonphotos.net