[CBQ] Re: CB&Q ORER's on disc

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q ORER's on disc
From: "mpforever42" <alanwh@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 19:31:54 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Jan &c,

I do believe you have a good point, I use FilemakerPro for my database (get to
find, sort as
needed), and intend to internet publish my project of insanity, or is it insane
project?  I
started with the annual article in Railway Age of what was ordered the year
previous.  I
thought this could be done in, maybe 6 to 9 vol.  Started with passenger, then
freight,
then Steam Locos and PRR. Those together blows away anyone's idea of publishing
on
paper.  (for all it is best to list locos by construction number (c/n), BLW
c/n were random
for the first decades of the 20th.  Then the PRR & some others assigned road
numbers
random.  Then I realised as much work I would do there would be mistakes, some
will
point those out kindly, some otherwise, and they will haunt you forever.  So
better to
internet database, for possible corrections.

 Regardless Rupert is doing a super job being so far from the home area of the
Q.  Even
being in Sac, CA he may have more ORER's than are available here.

Alan