RE: [CBQ] CB&Q ORER's on disc

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] CB&Q ORER's on disc
From: Gerald & Virginia Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 17:49:21 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Rupert (& List mbrs):

As I've commented on this site before and at BRHS meets, words alone cannot
express our appreciation for the labor of love you have done to create this
listing of a century of Burlington freight cars.  To do so while living in New
Zealand with just a few briefs to "Granger Country" & "Land of the Burlingtons"
is remarkable!
Thank you Rupert - thank you!

That said, with regret I believe your continued efforts to make the listing
pristine for a CD may not be the best use of your time & talent.  Bill Glick
has done a similar feat with Burlington passenger cars and many copies of his
trilogy remain unsold.  The sad truth is that too many Q fans are not mbrs of
BRHS and many of those that are do belong do not always support the research
efforts of our most dedicated members.

I hope I'm wrong and there is an outpouring of commitments from Q fans to
purchase the CD but reality points the other way.  To finish on a positive note
there does remain a good core of Burlington fans who contribute generously as
you do for the common good of sharing CB&Q history.   Thanks again!  Gerald

.